Digital impressions with an iTero iOC scanner
We are happy to announce our new iTero iOC scanner.
Who remembers the goop and gagging of the old way to take impressions ? No more in our practice. Appalachian Orthodontics of Lynchburg is the first orthodontic practice in Lynchburg and surrounding counties to use an Invisalign iTero iOC scanner to take digital impressions of your teeth, a process that does NOT include X-ray radiation. Adults and children alike prefer the more comfortable digital impression process.
Advantages of the iOC scanner
- It’s accurate. It produces the most accurate dental records because it eliminates errors caused by patient movement, removal of impression, or disinfection.
- It’s faster. Digital impressions are e-mailed to Invisalign or the lab, rather than sent by snail mail. This allows us to deliver your appliances or the Invisalign trays faster.
- It’s cleaner. The scanner creates a digital impression of your teeth and jaw without the use of any traditional impression materials such as clay, eliminating the need for teeth cleaning afterwards.
- It’s real-time. You can view your impressions on a computer screen immediately, as well as a model of what your smile will look like at the end of the treatment.
- It’s comfortable. Because we put nothing in your mouth but a small digital scanner, you can breathe and swallow comfortably.