Welcome to our practice! On your first visit, the orthodontist will perform an oral examination and be able to determine if orthodontic treatment is necessary and answer all your questions.
- Why is treatment necessary?
- Will braces or invisalign best correct the problem?
- When should treatment begin?
- Approximately how long will the treatment take?
- Approximately how much will it cost?
Sometimes pictures and x-rays are taken at this visit. The doctor will also answer all your questions about eating, oral hygiene, sports, risks, discomfort or anything else you would like to know. Before or during your first visit we will also perform a complimentary verification of your insurance orthodontic benefits.
There is NO CHARGE for this visit.
If treatment is indicated and you wish to proceed, full diagnostic RECORDS will have to be taken so that a final treatment plan can be determined. The full diagnostic records consist of:
- Photographs of your teeth and face
- Panoramic X-ray that give an overall view of all your teeth and supporting structures
- Cephalometric X-ray to measure the position of your teeth as it relates to your jaw bones
- An impression of your teeth for 3D digital study models, used in taking exact measurements of your teeth and jaws
The records will take approximately 30 minutes and can usually be done at the first appointment or can be rescheduled at a more convenient time. There is a charge for the records.